Thursday 25 October 2012

Practicing plaits in my Hair and Makeup tutorials!




For one of my final shoots either catwalk or editorial, i havnt yet decided, i want to include plaits in my final image to represent Native American women with their long hair with plaits.




La Belle Sauvage
Wild: Fashion Untaimed by The Metropolitan Museum of Arts.
I want to include the whole idea of a rush gatherer woman in my editorial shoot!

 I love the meaning behind this portrait taken by Edward Curtis of an Arikara rush gatherer woman. The image portrays a 'Noble savage' which the 18th Century French philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau 'perpetuated' was not however to the liking of  New World Colonists as in there eyes the Native Americans were savages because of the use of buckskin in clothing, however in the 60s this idea of using buckskin became popular with the hippies wanted to get back in touch with nature and this was there way of doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment