Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Last of the Mohicans


I have chosen to look at The last of the Mohicans in greater detail for one of my final looks, preferably my editorial look. This movie came to mind when i started researching Native American tribes for my project and so i want to somehow encapsulate the essence of the film in my final editorial shoot.
This first picture is of Cora and Alice Munro who are the daughters of Lieutenant Colonel Munro. I this photo there dresses are dirty ripped and old from there journy traveling through the forests. I like the whole idea of the corsets being part of my final look to represent the two girls and the time period in which i am referencing but with this in mind i want to also bring about the Native American side of in though the makeup and hair espesially to bring the whole look together nicely. Alice the younger daughter has got a loosened plait in her hair which references a sort of tribal look so plaits could be an option for part of my hair design.

This picture is of Magua, a Huron scout, known as the enemy of the Mohicans and the two daughters, Cora and Alice.  His whole image is a really good interpretation of what a Native American would portray themselves as. His hair has little feathers, materials and plaits in it, not to forget the feathery looking mohawk. He also has scars on his body and face from where he must have been fighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment