Wednesday 14 November 2012

TRIBES


La Belle Sauvage
Wild: Fashion Untaimed by The Metropolitan Museum of Arts.

Plaits remind me of the Rodarte hairstyle in the tribal catwalk look. Even though this is just a plait, it is very bold and i wanted to reference plaits in my final look giving slight hints of Native American women and their plaits but also how they were rush gatheres aswell which is why i am showing this image of a rush gatherer again as i love the story and meaning of the photo.

Native American Woodland Tribes




I am currently ready this book called 'Worldwide History of Dress' and i came along this image, whilst reading about the Woodland tribes, of a heavily fringed Mandan or also know as a Hidatsa mans shirt with red and blue paint down the middle. I think this is a beautifully detailed  piece of clothing and i like all the tassels hanging down from the sides of it. overall it is a very unique item of clothing which is why i had to put it up on my blog as it is so eye catching. 


The Western Great Lakes 


The Plains Tribes







There are so many different kinds of American tribes from different parts of america but which one to focus on...? I found this book in the library called, 'The Worldwide History Of Dress' and goes through all the different tribes in america, however i find myself more interested in the woodland and plain tribes. I am attracted to the images of how they dress and all the tassels and feathers on the clothing and in the hair also. 




No comments:

Post a Comment